Ah, lo and behold! 't is the The Elf Lucia, a fine lady of the forest! Like you would expect from your average Elf, she can use magic, as well as wield a nice sword. And shield. And bow. And UNLIMITED arrows. And various other items which I have no idea how she stores it on her person. Must be a pocket of holding or something. Green-wearing elves seem to have those.
Not having access to all spells, getting them at a slower speed, and them not being as powerful as the ones the Mage uses can be rather annoying. In fact, she only gains two levels during the whole game! But she more than makes up for it with her skills with the sword and the bow (although they aren't as good as other melee characters). She has many special moves, and like the Thief, she has an unremovable ranged weapon with unlimited ammunition, in her case, the bow. This can be really useful when there's a strong enemy on the opposite side of the screen. 5 Arrows in the face HURT. And it saves you a casting of Magic Missile.
The Elf is definately one of the most balanced characters, and is really good to play alone. With some friends, she isn't as useful as, say, the Fighter or the Mage, even tough her support spells can be really handy. And if you decide to leave the big weapons to the Fighters and the Dwarves, you can cause decent damage with a Bastard sword (Excellent for offsetting the low range and damage of your short sword) or a Frost Blade for magical damage and freezing capability.
All in all, she's not a kitten to handle without gloves, and useful in just about any situation. A solid choice for a character.
- Short Sword, Shield, Leather Armor, Unlimited Arrows, Dagger x2, Burning Oilx2, Throwing Hammer x2
- Lucia the Elf wears a green tunic.
- Kayla the Elf wears a blue tunic and has her hair done into a ponytail. Select her by pushing START instead of A when selecting your character.
Stuff to look for:
- A better weapon would not hurt
- Circlet/Tiara to offset her low HP
- Earrings for Spell Power
- Rod of choice to enchance your elemental attacks
- A better shield since you're stuck with one
- Any extra Rings of Curing