And here we have the second all-out melee character, Dimsdale the Dwarf. The Dwarf is a short and stout engine of deathdealing, with the highest HP score in the game. He may also equip most weapons found in the game. A Smash attack (-> + A) Causes enough damage to kill three goblins in a single strike. Also, he has the ability to raze opened treasure chests. Just hit a treasure chest that has been opened, and you'll get extra cash.
For party play, he's an excellent choice for a frontliner melee tank to distract nasties while you let your casters do their worst. Basically, you can function like a Fighter. He shows his real potential once you get him a magical weapon of some sorts. While the battle axe offers you massive power, sticking with your Shield isn't a bad idea. His defensive manouvres aren't that great, what with a short backroll. In general, Dwarf is a good alternative to a Fighter.
- Hand Axe, Shield, Plate Armor, Arrow x4, Dagger x4, Silver Dagger x2, Burning Oil x4, Throwing Hammer x4
- Dimsdale the Dwarf wears a red tunic over his armor and wears a horned helmet
- Hendel the Dwarf wears a blue tunic over his armor and wears a skull helmet. Select him by pushing START instead of A when selecting your character.
||Jumps and knock enemies around you down. Not a very good move
||Rolls a short trip backward out of any danger, but shield is better IMO.
|A + Backwards
||Defends against frontal attacks; Not all attacks can be blocked. You need to be equipped with a shield to perform this.
|Mash A button repeatedly
||Attacks enemies at rapid speeds. Often prisons enemies inside- a choice attack for button mashers.
|Forward + A
||A broad swing that causes 3 hits upon impact
|Quarter Circle Forward + A
||A Dash attack that comes out a bit slower than from other characters. Causes excellent damage.
|Down/Up + A
||Nicknamed The Dwarven Roller. You roll forward and then jump upwards spinning your weapon around you, causing lots of hits and damage. A dragon-killing move if there ever was one.
|D (No Item Attack)
||Perform a headbutt that knocks enemies backwards.|
Stuff to look for:
- A better weapon
- Bracelet for Attack Power or a Necklace for sturdier magical defense
- A better shield in case you carry one
- Any extra Rings of Curing
- May equip most Weapons in the Game, including the most powerful
- Highest HP in the game which is maxed out fast
- Powerful special moves
- Able to equip shields
- Able to produce extra treasure from opened chests
- No natural spellcasting ability
- Dependant on Equipment
- Defensive Maneuvres are somewhat lacking outside of shield use
- No real growth in later stages of the game
(c)2006 RPGClassics.com. All materials are copyrighted by their respective authors. All games mentioned in this site are copyrighted by their respective producers and publishers. No infringement on any existing copyright is intended. All rights reserved.